Monday, February 20, 2012

Where have you been all my li-i-i-i-i-ife

Recently I had an amazing opportunity to dance with one of the most incredible dancers I have ever had the privilege to dance next to.  

I have taken from some extraordinary teachers with pretty awesome credentials and I will say Mark Kanemura is ranked right up there with the "Elites."  
Mark Kanemura and I (Jeshua Viveiros)

I would say that taking Mark's class was one of the most challenging things I have ever done in my dancing career.  Not to mention when I took his class I had just come off a two month European sabbatical. And by European sabbatical, I mean the sabbatical where I ate everything in sight (mostly carbs..soo yeah) and danced 0 days out of those 2 months while in Europe. Yes, that's right, I was SUPER out-of-shape when I decided to take an extremely athletic class.

Awesome    -___-

hah
 Anyways...
I was majorly slightly intimidated in the beginning but Mark made us all feel very welcome. He was surprisingly very humble and kind. And let me tell you, he has every reason to be cocky and full of himself.  He treated all the dancers with respect and humility which is, unfortunately, all too UNcommon when it comes to choreographers.  I can only hope to one day be a strong of a dancer as he.

Homeboy's DOPE!

And even with his success and talent he still makes it a point to keep it real.  I have met far too many demi-successful people who belittle and talk down to others in order to establish some sort of "dominance" and "superiority". In other words, they like to make themselves feel less insecure by tearing you and your talent down.

Besides learning an amazing, fun, exhaustingly brilliant routine, I took so much more from that class: Treat people with respect and dignity because we are all people no matter what color, upbringing, language, dialect, hairstyle, talent level or amount of success.  Each person has a heart that beats just like yours and mine (unless they have an arrhythmia or something....then it's different....but still the same....I have trouble staying on point).

So, if you are someone who has been made to feel inadequate or belittled by someone you know, it's time to remove that person from your life... break free from their hold because all that negativity gives them control over you and holds you back from achieving your full potential. 

AND, if you are one of those people who is so unfulfilled and insecure about your own existence that you feel the need to tear others down in order to make yourself feel like you have accomplished something in your life STOP.  You will NEVER get to where you want to be by hurting others...you will just end up alone and bitter while life moves on all around you.

Can you tell that I've had absolutely NO personal experience with this at all? *SARCASM*

Heavy exhale.
ttyl beijos tchau
 BoifromIpanema
  
Mark said he wanted a shake weight on his twitter, so I was the creep who gave him one....I'm so lame


The life of a dancer yo! "that's pretty groose"  haha <--Bridesmaids reference

1 comment:

  1. Amen, brother. You are right on about this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...